Iran Aviation Tour 2017
Scheduled Group Tour Departure
May 18 - 25, 2017
During our 8 days in Iran we will travel extensively around the country flying in various airliners and visiting a number of aviation sites. The itinerary also includes several sightseeing attractions and free time in Tehran.
When is the tour?May 18 - 25, 2017
Download Provisional Itinerary here
What we offer?Tour highlights - including 10 DOMESTIC FLIGHTS - are:
- Fly from/to London’s Heathrow Airport on the scheduled A300-600 services of Iran Air
- Fly with Pouya Air on an Antonov An-74
- Visit Saha Air (Iran Air Force) Simulator Flight Facility: optional ‘sim flights’ on B707, B747 & F27
- Fly with Iran Aseman on the last B727-200 in passenger service
- Fly to Shiraz with either Iran Air or Mahan Air MD-80 or A300
- Fly to Isfahan by either Qeshem Air or Iran Air Avro RJ or Fokker-100
- Fly to Ramzar on the coast of Caspian Sea by Aseman Airlines ATR-72
- Optional light aircraft flights from Ramzar over the Caspian Sea
- Optional flight in VIP Falcon-20
- Sightseeing in Shiraz, Persepolis, Mashhad, Isfahan and Tehran.
- Special access to the Holy Imam Reza Shrine in Mashhad, the largest mosque complex in Iran.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL FLIGHTS AROUND IRAN ARE INCLUDED THE TOUR PRICE.
You may be aware that Iran has placed large orders for new aircraft with both Airbus and Boeing and will start to replace the older types, operating on international and domestic services, as soon as possible. As of 16th December we are not aware that any of the above-stated aircraft will have been replaced.
Due to the lengthy process for obtaining a tourist visa, please book your place on this tour as soon as possible and for UK citizens certainly no later than 1st April 2017.
|COST PER PERSON|
|£2,298.00||Price include Iran Air air fare from London to Tehran to London.
Based on sharing a twin bedded room with private facilities on a bed and breakfast basis
|£220.00||Single room supplement|
|On request||Land only (please contact us)|
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Return scheduled flights with Iran Air from London’s Heathrow Airport
- UK and Iranian airport taxes and UK Passenger Service Charge
- 10 domestic sectors around Iran, as stated
- 7 nights accommodation in rooms with en-suite facilities
- Breakfast each morning
- All coach transfers and transportation, as stated
- Fee for Visa Approval Code Confirmation issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran (but NOT the actual cost of the visa)
- Services of Sam Chui
- Services of local English-speaking guides
- Gratuity for local guides
- Gratuity for coach drivers
- Meals, other than those stated above
- Mandatory Iranian Travel Insurance: only issued on arrival in Tehran (€14.00)
- Any optional simulator ‘flights’
- Any optional pleasure flights
- Personal expenditure, for example, telephone calls, laundry, drinks, etc.
- Other tips and gratuities
Terms and Conditions
£300.00 non-refundable deposit at the time of booking, with the balance due by 01 April 2017.
25% of tour fee outside 30 days of departure
50% of tour fee within 30 days of departure
PassportIf your passport contains an Israeli entry stamp, this will not be accepted by the Iranian authorities and you should obtain a new passport.
Visa Citizens of the UK: require a visa to enter Iran the process of which must be started no later than 1st April. Iran’s largest tourist agency “Pars” will provide visa support. On receipt of your booking we will send you a form to be completed and returned to us along with a scanned copy of the photo page of your passport. We will then forward both documents to “Pars”, who in turn submit them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran. Once approved we will send you a Visa Approval Code Confirmation (VACC); you must then take the VACC and your passport to the Iranian Embassy in London. You will have your fingerprints taken and leave your passport. This will be posted back to you along with the visa or you can collect it 5 working days later. The price of the visa is currently £150.00 (or £225.00 for same-day service).
Citizens of the USA and Canada: require a visa to enter Iran the process of which must be started no later than 1st March. Iran’s largest tourist agency “Pars” will provide visa support. On receipt of your booking we will send you a form to be completed and returned to us along with a scanned copy of the photo page in your passport. We will then forward them to “Pars” who in turn submit them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran. Once approved we will send you a VACC; you can then post your passport to the “Iran Interest Section” in the Embassy of Pakistan in Washington D.C., who look after Iranian affairs in North America. It usually takes 7-10 working days to receive your passport back with the visa.
Most other non-UK or US citizens are eligible to pick up their visa at Tehran Airport on arrival without the need to visit any Iranian Embassy. On receipt of your booking we will send you a form to be completed and returned to us along with a scanned copy of the photo page in your passport. We will send it to “Pars” who will then provide your VACC and you pick up the visa on arrival. The cost of the visa varies from €30.00 - €100.00 depending on your nationality.
Last Minute Changes
Iranian airlines publish their domestic schedule as late as 10 days in advance and we are almost certain to face last minute changes. We will send out the final schedule a week before the tour aiming to cover all of the proposed highlights. We will do out utmost to make sure everyone get on the classic aircraft.