From now until 28th December receive a 100% bonus when you purchase Hilton Honors points, with a minimum purchase of 10,000 pre-bonus points. Here are the details:
- Pre bonus purchase limit raised from 80,000 points to 160,000 points (per calander year)
- Nevertheless, you can pool points across accounts at zero cost.
- Cost per point = 0.5 US cents (lowest rate so far)
- If you purchase up to the maximum limit, you will be paying $1,600 for 320,000 points
- Hilton points expire after 12 months of inactivity
- If you do not have enough points to redeem, you can opt for “Points & Money” as well
Should You Purchase Hilton Points?
Two years ago, Hilton changed from a fixed-rate redemption to a dynamic rate redemption. Fortunately, they put a maximum limit to the amount they can charge for each hotel category. Redemption rates vary throughout the year.
Below is an example of how you can spend your points when you purchase at 0.5 US cents per point. Note that the prices in the screenshot are before tax. A redemption stay is not bound to tax.
London’s Curio Collection by Hilton
Pay $594 in cash per night or 70k points ($350) per night
Click here to sign up/buy points.
As a general rule of thumb, although Hilton adopts dynamic pricing, you should check the rates of your desired hotels before making a purchase. While you can gain savings if you book your hotels through points, there are instances where it is cheaper to use money to book your hotels. Nevertheless, this points promotion should also appeal to you if you are short of Hilton points to redeem your desired holiday.
Featured Images: remthailand.asia