AirEvents is a Polar Flight charter specialist that have almost 20-years-experience in organizing aviation-related tours and sightseeing flights. They have operated many successful charter Polar Flights over the North Pole in the past. I was a participant in their 2013 tour.
Video of my 2013 Polar Flight
The Polar region and the North Pole itself belong to the most remote and undiscovered regions on earth. It was under enormous stresses and strains that discoverers from all parts of the planet tried to withstand the harsh climate up here and reach the Pole – often with dramatic consequences.
AirEvents invite you to join us on the next Arctic Sightseeing Flight. In cooperation with our new airline partner Edelweiss Air we take you comfortably and exclusively from Zurich to the North Pole!
From Zurich a modern equipped Airbus A340-313 will depart for our approx. 16 hour expedition flight over the Arctic up to the North Pole and back. During this time of the year the midnight sun shines above the North Pole – experience an unforgettable night without darkness at the pole! You can expect an exciting routing as well as dedicated catering and an Arctic-related inflight edutainment program.
After departure in Zurich we follow a northward route above Germany and Denmark to Norway`s capital Oslo. Here we change our flight crew and refuel our aircraft before we continue our journey and fly along the bizarre Norwegian west coast. Near Tromso – already in the subarctic region – we reach the Barents Sea.
On the way to the pole we usually overfly Svalbard, better known as Spitsbergen, in cruising altitude. Since in May the sun does not set on Svalbard, you can expect fantastic views from both sides of our aircraft (subject to good weather conditions).
We then continue towards the 90°N North pole position and the countdown for our pole celebration starts. We then circumnavigate the world twice and in both directions (subject to ATC overflight approval from all countries concerned, incl. Russia). At the present location, we will be just as close to Alaska as to the North Cape of Norway. The distance to Northern Canada is only 750 kilometers from here, we are much closer to the American continent now than to Europe.
After having overflown the pole, we continue a bit towards Eastern Greenland and might be able to see parts of its coastline before heading back towards Northern Europe and Switzerland, carrying most spectacular and unforgettable impressions.
The described routing is subject to wind and weather conditions and the necessary ATC permissions which are always ad-hoc. Anyway, our crew has several planned routings to choose from to grant best viewing opportunities. In any case, our captain and the operations department of our airline will do their best to get permissions from ATC of up to 8 different countries to fly the best possible route.
Our airline Edelweiss Air will have one of its most experienced cockpit crews perform our sightseeing flight.
Aircraft, seating and classes
Our Airbus A340-313 is a long-range aircraft with the latest technical standards e.g. in terms of avionics, allowing us to fly up to 90°N in a comfortable way. The 2-4-2 seat configuration and size of this aircraft make it ideal for our sightseeing flight.
We invite you to choose from different seat classes for our scenic flight. For this, please see the below-mentioned seating overview and seat map. In general, all passengers are permitted to move around the cabin in times without service – if weather conditions permit. We kindly ask those passengers who have booked a window seat to let fellow passengers have a look from the aisle through their windows as well.
Advanced reservation of particular seats is possible in all classes (unless otherwise indicated) at no additional charge.
Polar Deluxe Class:
Our luxury category. During the entire flight you will be sitting on your personal lie-flat business class seat in the second cabin of the aircraft (rows 11-17). In addition to a legroom of 112cm you will of course enjoy the high-class culinary service of the Edelweiss Business Class during your Arctic flight.
All window seats (A/K) provide individual windows, either directly beside you (rows 12, 17) or only separated by a small shelf (rows 11, 14, 16). Seats 12A/B and 17A/B are seat pairs of a window seat and its adjacent aisle seat. From row 15 you will sit at the very beginning of the wings.
If you do not require your own personal window but would like to enjoy the high-class service of the Edelweiss Business Class we recommend a Polar Deluxe Inner Seat for only 2999 EUR. Row 15 is particular in that the main window is missing, which means that you have only limited view through the adjacent window.
- Polar Deluxe Window Seat (11/14/16 A, 11-14 and 16-17 K): 7777 EUR Our luxury category. You will sit on a window seat in the Edelweiss Business Class in the second cabin of the aircraft (seats 11/14/16A or 11-14 and 16-17 K). All window seats (A/K) provide individual windows, either directly beside you (rows 12, 17) or only separated by a small shelf (rows 11, 14, 16). From row 15 you will sit at the very beginning of the wings.
- Polar Deluxe Window and Aisle Seats (2 seats package) (12 or 17 A/B): 9999 EUR This price includes window seat and aisle seat (A/B) and is valid for two persons sitting next to each other. Our luxury category. You will sit on a seat pair of window seat and adjacent aisle seat in the Edelweiss Business Class in the second front of the aircraft (seats 12 or 17 A/B). Row 17 is at the very beginning of the wings.
- Polar Deluxe “windowless” Window and Aisle Seats (row 15 seats A/B package): 4999 EUR This price is valid for the Business Class seat pair of window seat 15A and its adjacent aisle seat 15B for two persons sitting next to each other. The main window here is missing, which means that you have only limited view through the adjacent window. Row 15 is located at the very beginning of the wings.
- Polar Deluxe Inner Seat (rows 11-17, D/G): 2999 EUR This price is valid for an inner seat (D/G) in the Business Class. From row 15 you will sit at the very beginning of the wings.
Polar Premium XL Class:
Our premium category – especially recommended for photographers and guests having long legs. During the entire flight you will sit on a window seat or adjacent aisle seat with extended legroom. These seats are predominantly located in the front of the cabin (rows 1-9), but also at the beginning of the rear cabin of the aircraft (row 29). From here you can enjoy very good views during the entire flight.
- Polar Premium XL Window Seat (1-9 and 29 A/K): 3555 EUR
- Polar Premium XL Aisle Seat (1-9 and 29 B/J): 1666 EUR Polar Premium XL Window and Aisle Seats (2 seats package) (1-9 and 29 A/B or J/K): 4999 EUR
Polar Premium Class:
Our premium category for those who love to have an unrestricted view of the Arctic. During the entire flight you will sit on a window seat or adjacent aisle seat in the rear of the aircraft, clearly behind the wings (rows 30-44).From here you can enjoy very good views during the entire flight.
- Polar Premium Window Seat (30-44 A/K): 2999 EUR
- Polar Premium Aisle Seat (30-44 B/J): 1333 EUR
- Polar fehlt Premium Window and Aisle Seats (2 seats package) (30-44 A/B or J/K): 3999 EUR
Polar Classic Class:
During the entire flight you will sit on a window seat or adjacent aisle seat in the overwing cabin of the aircraft (rows 18-27). From here you can enjoy good views during the entire flight – despite the limitations caused by the wings.
- Polar Classic Window Seat (18-27 A/K): 1777 EUR
- Polar Classic Aisle Seat (18-27 B/J): 999 EUR
- Polar Classic Window and Aisle seats (2 seats package) (18-27 A/B oder J/K): 2666 EUR
Polar Basic XL: 999 EUR
You will sit on one of our XL middle section seats, providing extra legroom (D, E, F, G) in the rows 1-10, 18 or 29. Whenever possible, you can move around the cabin and have a look from the aisle through other passengers´ windows.
Polar Basic: 777 EUR
You will sit on one of our standard middle section seats (D, E, F, G) in the rows 19-27 or 30-45. Whenever possible, you can move around the cabin and have a look from the aisle through other passengers´ windows.
Polar Basic Special: 499 EUR
Reach the Pole at a low price! You will sit on one of our standard middle section seats (D, E, F, G) in the rows 19-27 or 30-45. Whenever possible, you can move around the cabin and have a look from the aisle through other passengers´ windows. In this category sold at a reduced fare, seat allocation is done by us based on availability. However, we can ensure that passengers booked together will be sitting next to each other.
We offer our guests a high-quality service with exclusive menus, a wide range of beverages (alcoholic / non-alcoholic) and champagne when we reach the pole.
Minimum number of participants and cancellation by AirEvents
Our North Pole flight is subject to a minimum number of participants of about 200 persons by 31.12.2018.
Furthermore, AirEvents reserves the right to cancel or stop the flight in situations beyond the control of AirEvents and in other serious circumstances. Flights are dependent on the operational usability of a suitable aircraft for this particular polar route, as well as on the necessary e.g. overflight permissions. In the event of a cancellation we will refund the flight price but cannot compensate the passenger for any other losses like e.g. ground transport expenses or unused holiday days.
To BookTo book, please email me directly with your seating preference. Alternatively you can be in touch with the operator directly by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and mention code "samchui" to receive preferred seating.
Further important information and restrictions
- This product is a flight-only trip and not a package tour.
- Departure from Zurich is on Friday, 10.05.2019 at 20:40h. Check-in closes 1,5 hours earlier, at 19:10h. Online-check-in is not possible.
- For check-in each passenger has to provide a passport or a Swiss or EU identity card.
- Estimated arrival is on Saturday, 11.05.2019 at approx. 13:25h. Due to the special kind of flight (“the journey is the reward”) delays are possible.
- After online booking you receive an automated booking confirmation and your pdf invoice, payable within 14 days via bank transfer. If there are less than 14 days between booking and flight date, the invoice amount has to be credited to our bank account one day prior to departure at the latest.
- Name changes are possible until 7 days prior to departure date at a processing fee of 30 EUR.
- Cancellation fees: after booking until 6 months prior to departure 20%, until 3 months prior to departure 50%, until 28 days prior to departure 85%, afterwards 90%, for no-show 100% of the flight price.
- Baggage check-in is not possible. You can carry one piece of hand luggage (max. 55cm x 40cm x 23cm, max. 8kg) per passenger.
- If the flight is interrupted after take-off due to higher force (like medical event or technical failure), AirEvents cannot be made liable.