IHG Rewards has just launched a new promotion for buying points. Through 18th October 2019, members can purchase points with a 40% bonus. You simply have to buy 10,000 or more Hyatt points to get your 40% bonus. Without any promotion, Hyatt points usual price is set at 2.4 cents/point. However, with the 40% bonus, you can get them at 1.71 cents each.
Should You Buy Hyatt Points?
As a general rule of thumb, I advise you to make a comparison between the selling price of your desired hotel and the cost of redemption (stated redemption rate * 1.71 US cent) before you make a points purchase.
At the point of writing, I can find many good redemption ideas. For instance:
1) Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills – Category 7
2) Park Hyatt Sydney – Category 7
Click here to buy Hyatt Points
How to buy points
- Visit Hyatt’s Buy Points link.
- Enter your name, Hyatt membership number and email address to log in.
- Select the number of points you wish to purchase.
- Enter your credit card information and billing address and check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Lately, there have been many hotel groups having promotions on buying points such as IHG and Marriott. It may worth checking out the following articles.