Turkish Airlines has resumed their premium onboard dining and hot meal service, on all Business and Economy Class flights longer than two hours 15 minutes flight time. Turkish Airlines also mentioned their regular lounge food offering in Istanbul is also returning.
The global carrier offers a premium traveling experience and is world-renown for their cuisine and hospitality. In 2020 Turkish Airlines made some changes to meal services on flights, in line with additional coronavirus-related measures. I flew on Turkish Airlines in February this year and documented their changes onboard.
I have interviewed the Chairman of Turkish Airlines about their drastic cost cutting earlier in February and he promised to bring back the meals.
Turkish Airlines is now offering full premium menus prepared with fresh ingredients, in accordance with health and hygiene applications, courtesy of Turkish DO & CO.
- Honeycomb from Erzincan, “kaymak” clotted cream from Afyon, Anatolian style spicy pepper and tomato spread
- “Gözleme” Grilled Flat Pastry, stuffed with cheese and spinach
- Cheese and Tomato Omelette with sautéed mushrooms
- A selection of regional cheeses: aged cheese (Kars), “Ezine” (Çanakkale), with marinated Turkish olives, dried figs and apricots
- Grilled Turkish Style Meatball, with sautéed zucchini and roasted red pepper bulgur pilaf
- Grilled Swordfish Brochette, with celeriac potato purée, Tuscan-style vegetables
- Traditional “Dolma” Varieties, minced beef stuffed vine leaves and zucchini and “Karniyarik,” eggplant with minced beef, tomato sauce and yogurt
- “Manti” Homemade Turkish Ravioli with minced beef, tomato sauce, yogurt
- Grilled Lamb Chopswith polenta crespelle and ratatouille
- Sea Bass en Papilotte and julienne vegetables
- “Karniyarik,” traditional stuffed eggplant with minced beef, buttered rice
- Grilled Chicken Brochette with grilled tomato and pepper bulgur pilaf
- Rigatoni with homemade Parmesan Tomato Sauce
Turkish Airlines also mentioned their regular lounge food offering in Istanbul is also returning.