In the United States, with rapid vaccine rollouts and the reopening of air travel at a rate outpacing the world, Qatar Airways has announced that they will be expanding their US services to more than 100 weekly flights across their 12 gateways. This is an early sign of recovery on international long haul travel.
Four US gateways – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington D.C. - will offer double daily flights.
Dallas-Fort Worth will be increased to 12 flights per week with Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle all growing to a daily service.
“Qatar Airways has remained committed to the United States throughout the pandemic, adding two new destinations with San Francisco and Seattle, while increasing flights across our 12 gateways to optimise connections with our growing network of over 140 destinations.Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said: “We have also strengthened our strategic partnerships with Alaska Airlines, American Airlines and JetBlue enabling us to connect to more cities and airports in the United States than any other airline, providing US travellers the most convenient way to travel internationally this summer. As we continue to lead the recovery of international travel, we will remain focused on providing seamless, safe and reliable connectivity to our millions of passengers and providing an unparalleled travel experience every time they choose to fly with Qatar Airways”.
US Network Enhancements:
Increase to Double Daily Flights from Doha:
- Chicago - increasing to double daily flights between 21st July and 26th September
- Los Angeles - increasing to double daily flights between 16th July and 26th September
- New York - increasing to double daily flights from 29th June
- Washington D.C - increasing to double daily flights between 22nd July and 26th September
- Dallas-Fort Worth - increasing to 12 weekly flights between 11th July and 26th September
Daily Flights from Doha:
- Houston - continued daily flights
- Boston - increasing to daily flights from 3rd July
- Miami - increasing to daily flights from 4th July
- San Francisco - increasing to daily flights from 29th June
- Seattle - increasing to daily flights from 28th June
- Philadelphia - increasing to five weekly flights from 6th July and daily flights from 21st July
- Atlanta - increasing to five weekly from 15th July