From now until 22nd September, receive 30% bonus Aeroplan miles when you convert your hotel points from these 10 hotel loyalty programs:
Three key points to note when you transfer these hotel points to Aeroplan miles:
- Different hotel loyalty programs offer different transfer ratios.
- It may take up to 6 weeks after the promotion ends for the bonus miles to be deposited into your account.
- For every block of 60,000 Marriott points, you will be offered 5000 bonus miles on top of the 30% bonus miles that you will receive from this promotion. With the standard transfer ratio of 3:1, you will receive 31,000 miles (20,000 miles + 5000 standard bonus miles + 6000 promotion bonus miles).
Here are the transfer ratios:
|Hotel Loyalty Programs||Points to Miles Transfer ratio (inclusive of bonus miles)|
|Marriott Bonvoy (<60k points)||3:1.3|
|Marriott Bonvoy (every block of 60k points)||3:2.4|
|Best Western Rewards||5:1.3|
|Le Club AccorHotels||2:1.3|
|Gold Circle (Shangri-La)||1:1.3|
What To Redeem With Aeroplan Miles?
Being part of the Star Alliance, you can redeem flights from any Star Alliance airlines. Other partners include Cathay Pacific, Cathay Dragon, GOL Airlines and Olympic Airlines. You may click here to check out the round trip redemption rate on Aeroplan (divide by 2 for a single way).
Here are some sweet spots to redeem Aeroplan Miles:
- US to Europe one way Business Class for 55,000 miles
- Europe to South East Asia one way Business Class for 75,000 miles
- US to Australia/New Zealand one way Business Class for 80,000 miles.
This promotion runs on a regular basis where the bonus miles have been fluctuating between 25%-35% bonus miles in the past. If you are planning to transfer from Marriot Bonvoy and do not have a block of 60,000 points to transfer, you may want to wait a little more to squeeze the best value out of your points.