In August 2017, both Alaska Airlines and Singapore Airlines entered into a partnership where you could credit their flights to either one of their loyalty programs. However, back then, only Alaska Airlines opened up its flight award space to Singapore Airlines but not the other way round.
Redemption Rate for Singapore Airlines Flight
Here are the things to know:
- Many destinations require lesser miles on Singapore Airlines Krisflyer than on the Alaska Mileage Plan.
- The redemption chart posted on the Alaska Mileage Plan for Singapore Airlines flight is a bit messy. You should always play with the Alaska award booking system to confirm the miles required for Singapore Airlines flights.
- On the Alaska Mileage Plan redemption chart for Singapore Airlines flights: South East Asia includes Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, North East Asia are Japan and Korea and the Middle East includes Sri Lanka, Maldives and Bangladesh.
Below are the redemption rates required for Singapore Airlines flights on the Alaska Mileage Plan. You may selectively look at it and revisit it again another time. Just note that it may be cheaper to redeem via Singapore Airlines Krisflyer than through the Alaska Mileage Plan; although you should still wish to consider redeeming via the Alaska Mileage Plan if you purchase Alaska miles (more explanation on this later).
PART I: Redemption Rates Out of Singapore
1)Singapore to South East Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan)
2)Singapore to North Asia (Namely Japan and Korea)
3)Singapore to Middle East, Bangladesh & Maldives
3)Singapore to Africa
4)Singapore to US
5)Singapore to Australia and New Zealand
6)Singapore to Europe
PART II: Redemption Rates Out of Elsewhere Apart From Singapore
1)South East Asia (Including Mainland China,Hong Kong and Taiwan) to Japan and Korea
2)Within South East Asia (including Mainland China,Hong Kong and Taiwan)
3) South East Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan) and North Asia (Namely Japan and Korea) to US
4) South East Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan) and North Asia (Namely Japan and Korea) to Africa
5) South East Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan) to India
6) South East Asia (including Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan) and North Asia (Namely Japan and Korea) to Europe
Click here for Singapore Airlines Award Chart.
Alaska Mileage Plan Stopover Advantage Over Singapore Airlines
The Alaska Mileage Plan offers free stopovers, while you have to pay $100 for Singapore Airlines Krisflyer. Furthermore, The Alaska Mileage Plan allows backtracking while Singapore Airlines does not allow backtracking.
Here is an example of backtracking:
Shanghai to Singapore (stopover for more than 24hrs) to Bangkok allowed on the Alaska Mileage Plan but not allowed on Singapore Airlines Krisflyer when you add a stopover in Singapore.
Why Should You Consider Redeeming Through The Alaska Mileage Plan Over Singapore Airlines?
The Alaska Mileage Plan have frequent buy miles promotions, typically at 1.97 US cent to 2.11 US cent per mile, whilst Singapore Airlines has never offered any buy miles promotion in the past. You can easily score cheap Singapore Airlines First Class and Business flights by buying and redeeming Alaska Miles.
Sweet Spots using Alaska Miles to fly on Singapore
- Singapore to Beijing/Shanghai on First Class one way: 35k miles ($738.50)
AMAZING: You can even fly from Beijing to Hong Kong via Singapore with an optional stopover for 35k miles one way! You got to enjoy 2 sectors of First Class including A380 First Class!
- Singapore to Beijing/Shanghai on Business Class one way: 25k miles ($527.50)
- Singapore to Australia /New Zealand on Business Class one way: 65k miles ($1,371)
- Singapore to US on First Class one way: 130k miles ($2743)
Here are some First/Business Class products on Singapore Airlines:
Click here to buy Alaska Miles for up to a 40% bonus. Offer ends by 31st October.