I attended Lufthansa's new cabin launch "Allegris" today in Berlin. There are some surprises, especially the new Lufthansa First Class!
The new First Class "Suite Plus" product features a double suite for 2!
Over 2m with fully enclosed space, the double suite is located in the middle of Lufthansa's new A350 from early 2024. The single suite is on the window side.
The double suite in the middle is selling as "Suite Plus," a separate double cabin with ceiling-high walls and an entirely closable door, a large table and two wide seats that can be combined into a comfortable double bed.
Guests can warm or cool their nearly one-meter-wide seats in the suite according to their personal needs and connect their own mobile device to the entertainment system.
Here are some pictures:
Lufthansa New Business Class
The new Lufthansa Business Class comes with doors as well. It finally has full aisle access for all seats. There are many different configurations such as window, aisle, double or middle single "throne" seats. It will be available on the newly delivered B787 this autumn.
Lufthansa said there will be 7 seating options in Business Class:
- 1) Suites in the first row. Double suite inside, single suites by the window.
- 2) Extra-Space Seat: Unique, spacious single seat with extra work surface.
- 3) Window seat with a high degree of privacy.
- 4) Seat with extra long bed (2.20 meters).
- 5) Privacy window seat with baby bassinet.
- 6) Double seat: In the last row of business class – two neighboring seats with a smaller distance between them, which can be combined to form a double berth by means of a retractable center console.
- 7) Classic Business Class Seat: The aisle is directly accessible from all seats.
Which Aircraft and When?
Initially the new Allegris product shown above are available on newly delivered B787 and A350 only. Lufthansa said it will re-fit B747-8 fleet from 2025. However, older fleets such as the B747-400, A330, A340 and A380 will not be fitted with the new Allegris product.
“Lufthansa Allegris” on Boeing 787
Business Class: 28 seats including 4 suites Premium Economy Class: 28 seats
Economy Class: 231 seats including 34 seats with more legroom
Total Seat: 287
“Lufthansa Allegris” on Airbus A350
First Class: 3 suites, up to 4 seats
Business Class: 38 seats including 8 suites Premium Economy Class: 24 seats
Economy Class: 201 seats including 22 seats with more legroom
Total Seat: 267
Well, the above are just photos from the mockup. We have to wait a bit more to see how these products fit onto the real airplane. What do you think of the new Lufthansa premium product?