Note: This fare has VERY limited dates and is non-refundable, I would advise you to book the flight once you have a fixed travel plan on selected dates.
Japan’s ANA and ITA Airways are offering great business-class fares where you can travel roundtrip from Sydney to Rome for as low as $2,860 with a stop at Tokyo. You can also extend the stopover by paying a little extra for your trip.
The fare consists of either ANA departing from Sydney(SYD) to Tokyo Haneda(HND) and then connecting with Italian carrier ITA Airways to Rome(FCO). What is amazing about this fare is that you would be entitled to have a stopover in Tokyo for €75.
Here are some of the dates and routes operated:
- Travel Dates: Limited Dates From August 2023 thru November 2023
- Fare Class: D,P (Business)
- Sydney(SYD) – Tokyo(HND): All Nippon Airlines
- Tokyo(HND) – Rome(FCO): ITA Airways
The return flight will be the exact opposite of the above route.
Here is some pricing from Sydney on different dates. Keep in mind that the pricing on Google Flights is showing $2,708 but the actual fare during the checkout will be $2,860.
Moreover, different dates have slightly higher fares but this is still lower compared to the usual price which is between $4,000 ~ $8,000.
When you chose the flights, Google Flights will give you the option to purchase from Gotogate.com where you can input your details and finalize the payment.
For this booking, there are a few terms and conditions you should be aware of:
- Travel Restrictions: Not applicable
- Minimum stay: 3 days after the departure of fare origin OR no earlier than the first Sunday after departure from each fare origin.
- Maximum stay: 1 month
- Stopovers: 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FOR €75 EACH.
- Advance Purchase: Not Applicable
- Cancellation: Tickets are non-refundable
EARNING MILES ON ANA & ITA AIRWAYS
This fare consists of two different airlines with different alliances. For context, ANA is a Star Alliance partner while ITA Airways is in SkyTeam. However, you are still able to credit both miles on either program since ANA and ITA have partnerships.
- For ANA’s segment from Sydney to Tokyo, the booking will be under the “P” class this means you will earn between 70% to 150% of miles flown.
- For the ITA Airways segment from Tokyo to Rome, the booking will be under the “D” class this means you will earn between 125% to 165% of the miles flown.
So if you credit the miles to ANA’s Mileage Club, you will be earning 22,201 miles while you will earn around 26,000 points on the ITA Airways’ Volare program. You can also credit each segment to different programs since the ITA Airwyas Volare program is still having technical issues when crediting miles.
Feature Image: Clement Alloing