Advertising Disclosure: Many of the links that appear on this website are from companies which SamChui.com may receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products.
Untied Airlines has been offering up larger than normal welcome bonus’s recently. The United Explorer Personal Card recently offered up to 65,000 MilagePlus bonus miles, although that deal has ended and you can now only earn a 40,000 welcome offer bonus. In its place the United Explorer Business Card is offering its largest ever welcome bonus of 75,000 MileagePlus bonus miles. You will earn the 75k bonus miles after spending $5,000 within three months. With a valuation of 1.4-1.5 cents per United mile you can easily get over $1000 in value for meeting the minimum spend .
The card does come with a $95 annual fee, which is amazingly waived for the first year too.
This is a limited time offer that’s only available through March 18, 2019 so act sooner than later with this one.
This card is subjected to 5/24 but should not count towards your 5/24. Meaning you typically won’t get approved if you’ve opened five or more new card accounts in the past 24 months but business cards don’t typically count towards your personal record of 5/24. Additionally, the bonus isn’t available to those who currently have the card, or those who have received a bonus on the card in the past 24 months.
Where Can 75K welcome bonus points take you?
Some of my favorite uses for these points include:
- One-way business class ticket from North America to Asia for 75,000 miles
- One-way business class ticket from North America to Australia for 70,000 miles
- One-way business class ticket from North America to Southern Africa for 70,000 miles
- One-way business class tickets from North American to Europe 60,000 miles
- Round-trip transcontinental flight in business on United’s new 787-10 Dreamliner
As you can see you can pretty much go anywhere in the world at least one direction in business class. You can check out the United Award chart tool here to see costs for even more options.
United Business Card Perks
The United Explorer Business Card offers a variety of benefits such as:
- A free first checked bag for the primary card member and one companion traveling on the same reservation, up to a $120 value on a roundtrip ticket
- Priority boarding for the primary card member and companions on the same reservation
- Two United Club passes annually
- 2x points on all purchases made through United
- 2x points on restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores
- Expanded award availability, which gives you access to more Saver Award level tickets
- Employee cards at no additional cost
The United Explorer Business Card is seeing its best every sign up bonus right now. Come March 18, it could go up or it could go down, but I don’t know many cards that have gone up after a best ever bonus offer.
This card is a keeper past the first year, not just for its United Club passes but for its enhanced award availability, which can really be a savior when trying to piece together a multi cabin itinerary.
If you don’t yet have this card and are eligible, what are you waiting for?
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Comment Disclaimer: The responses in each article are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.