Emirates has confirmed that they will be resuming much of their premium services that were initially suspended due to COVID-19. The Iconic A380 Onboard Lounge and Shower Spa services will re-open after a thorough health and safety review.
The A380 Onboard Lounge, which serves First and Business Class customers, will transform into a take-away bar with limited seating capacity and social distancing protocols in place. The bar continues to serve wines, spirits, soft drinks and pre-packaged lounge bites, for customers to take and enjoy in the comfort of their own seats. Customers can also make their orders from their seats if they prefer.
The social areas in Business Class on select Boeing 777 aircraft, and in First Class, have also re-opened with pre-packed snacks for customers to grab and go.
Changes for First Class
- Showers onboard Airbus A380s will reopen on flights over 2.5 hours
- Passengers will have bar access on flights over 2.5 hours
- Full First Class food and wine service will be available
- Passengers will again be personally escorted to their seats, this service was suspended in March
- Cabin crew will recommence turndown service on overnight flights
- The small First Class foyer with drinks and snacks will reopen
- Arabic Coffee and dates are now available again
Changes for Business Class
- Business Class customers will also have access to the A380 bar
- Drinks, cocktails and nuts will be offered
- Turndown service will also resume in Business Class
Signature Dining Experience to Return on 1st November
From November 1st, Emirates’ onboard dining experience will return to its signature service while observing strict hygiene protocols. Customers, in all classes, will be able to enjoy multi-course meals and be able to choose from a complimentary selection of beverages including: wine, beer, juices and soft drinks. Cocktails will also be served in premium classes.
New Vitality Boost Welcome Drink
Emirates said they will soon be launching a welcome drink service in premium classes, called Vitality Boost in First and Business Class. The airline’s chefs and nutritionists have created a refreshing blend of apple, ginger and hibiscus to give customers a health kick on their journey. The health drink will be a staple on board and will be continually refreshed to offer different flavours.